It is important for every man that his male strength is always normal. However, over time, it can lose weight under the influence of various factors. As a result, both physiological and psychological problems arise. That is why many members of the stronger sex are concerned about the question - what affects potency? It can be influenced by various factors of vital activity - diseases, products, drugs and other components. It is important to understand whether they affect libido negatively or positively.
The impact of bad habits
The presence of bad habits can have a detrimental effect on the level of male potency. Negative habits include:
- Excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages. Drinking large amounts of alcohol has a detrimental effect not only on male strength, but also on the condition of the liver. In case of dysfunction of this organ there is a decrease in the level of the sex hormone - testosterone. With regular use of alcohol in men there is a violation of the functioning of the gonads. In addition, there is a violation of the level of sensitivity of the center of the spinal cord, which causes a decrease in erectile function and ejaculation;
- Drugs. These substances have a detrimental effect on the condition of the spinal cord. As a result, erectile dysfunction occurs.
- Smoking can also have a detrimental effect on potency. However, when smoking a small number of cigarettes a day, male strength can be maintained at a normal level.
With increased alcohol consumption, as well as with medication, serious diseases can occur, especially hepatitis C. This is a serious liver disease that reduces the production of male hormones. Therefore, a decrease in erectile function is observed against the background of hepatitis.
Taking certain drugs can affect male potency, resulting in a disorder, namely a reduction in potency. Drugs that cause a decrease in libido include the following drugs:
- hormonal drugs, for example, intended for the treatment of oncological pathologies;
- drugs with a depressant effect on the brain - antidepressants, narcotic components, alcoholic beverages;
- sometimes completely harmless drugs, diuretics, herbal medicines, drugs to reduce the level of acidity, can cause a violation of potency.
Before using any medication, it is worth studying their instructions in detail, to consider the side effects and contraindications. It is important that the dosage is prescribed by a specialist.
The influence of food
First of all, it is better to eliminate from your diet all foods that contain animal fats. It is also important to minimize the consumption of carbohydrate foods. Often these products are present in large quantities in men. Their diet includes sandwiches, pasta, sauces, mayonnaise. Not all foods can have a negative effect on male potency. There are those who, on the contrary, can improve her condition.
To normalize potency, you need to add components such as:
- dill, parsley;
- garlic and onion;
- different varieties of cabbage;
- components with a high level of vitamin C - blackcurrant, lettuce, black pepper, spinach, rose hips;
- to increase potency, you can eat seafood;
- to increase libido, you should eat as many nuts and seeds as possible;
- meat products and legumes are needed.
The influence of diseases on the state of potency
Various diseases can lead to a decrease in potency in men. First of all, these are endocrine pathologies in which there is a violation of the synthesis of sex hormones. Potency is often adversely affected by liver diseases, especially hepatitis C. During hepatitis, there is a decrease in immunity and abnormalities in liver function, which leads to a weakening of potency.
In addition, diseases of the spinal cord and brain, various neuralgic disorders can lead to a decrease in potency. These include the following conditions:
- epileptic seizures;
- traumatic injuries in the perineal area and in the small pelvis, as well as injuries after surgery;
- presence of chronic and autoimmune diseases;
- circulatory problems;
- Parkinson's disease.
In addition, infectious pathologies, as well as stressful situations, can lead to a decrease in potency. As it has already become clear, various factors can affect potency. Some of them have a negative impact, while others, on the contrary, have a positive one. That is why it is important to know what affects potency. This will help to avoid problems with sexual function and prevent unpleasant consequences at the earliest stage of their occurrence.